Please note that the 700-hour DY LOAY TT will be an advanced and intense immersion, and will require an advanced and committed regular practice of all applicants seeking admission. According to Sri Dharma Mittra, applicants must have been practicing yoga regularly for at least one year, must be reverent, strictly vegetarian, disciplined, obedient, moderate in sleep and diet, already possess some degree of self-control and already possess some desire for liberation. An entrance application, entrance essays and application fee will be required of all applicants.
Topics Covered/What to Expect
During the TT, trainee Sadhakas are bound to approach the course with energy and enthusiasm. Once having taken this TT, all students are bound to practice strictly as taught. The curriculum will focus on DY Charging Practice, the new Dharma Raja Yoga Series and offering Spiritual Discourse, and will include:
- Daily practice of DY Charging Practice, Sri Dharma Mittra’s latest all-level Asana-centric practice, and detailed exposure to its underpinnings, core elements and theory. Experiential, student teaching and assisting and adjusting elements will be included;
- Detailed exposure to the new Dharma Raja Yoga Series, a paradigm for sharing Pranayama and meditation, including detailed breakdown, analysis and small group student teaching;
- At least two Asana-centric classes daily, morning Pranayama/Dhyana sessions and Spiritual Discourse with Sri Dharma Mittra;
- Every trainee will offer a five-minute discourse to the group as a whole and receive feedback and guidance from senior staff;
- The group en masse will devote one morning, afternoon or evening to performing Karma Yoga together as a group offsite;
- The internship component of the 700-hour DY LOAY TT towards formal certification will include daily practice of both DY Charging Practice and the Dharma Raja Yoga Series, and, for both, there will be a student teaching component.
In order to achieve certification, you must to our satisfaction complete and submit all pre-training homework assignments, attend every session of the contact hours during the actual immersion program, achieve a passing grade on the oral exam given during the contact hours of the training, complete all of the assignments given during the training where applicable, and complete and submit all supporting documentation and assignments relating to the post-training internship. Please note that in addition to assignments in reading and writing prior to your training, you will be expected to follow a vegan diet throughout the actual training.
During the contact hours of the 700-hour DY LOAY TT, you will be exposed to the full range of classical Yogic techniques and will be expected to participate fully in all aspects of the program. The post-training internships for all programs include teaching, taking class, being observed while teaching class and Karma Yoga (selfless service) components that will be explained in detail towards the conclusion of the relevant DY LOAY TT contact hours.
700- hour training in NYC Application Fee (Non-Refundable)
Application Fee: $200
Late Application Fee (less than 30 days prior): $250
Total Program Tuition: $2,500
Late Payment Fee (if Tuition is not paid 45 days in advance): $150
Note: Reservation subject to cancellation if full tuition is not paid at least 30 days in advance
Discount: 15% off when you purchase the entire package of required books, DVDs and other items from us if ordered at least 30 days before the start of program.
Discount: 10% off when you purchase a minimum of 4 required items from us if ordered at least 15 days before the start of program.
Applications are processed on a first-come, first-serve basis. DY LOAY Teacher Trainings fill quickly, so we recommended that you apply early.
- Payment of the Application Fee can be made online. Please note that the final application deadline is 14 days prior to the start date of any offered DY LOAY TT.
- Reservation Deposits and Tuition can’t be made online. Applicants should contact the Dharma Yoga Center at (212) 889-8160.
- DY LOAY TT Reservation Deposit and Tuition payments may also be made by check to Dharma Yoga Corp 1, or by Visa and MasterCard via telephone or in person at the Dharma Yoga Center.
- To order books and other supplies, please contact Joann Steckler at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The DY LOAY offices are open Monday through Friday 10:30am – 5pm to call in or to make payments in person.
Upcoming LOAY 700-hour TT dates
March 2 – 11, 2018
14 days prior to the start of the training
“There is a glowing light emanating from the Dharma Yoga Center in the form of the teacher there. His name is Dharma Mittra. He’s a living saint among us. Thousands have felt the same emotions as you from his presence and teachings. So don’t worry, you are not alone. If your aim is to become a yoga teacher, I can tell you there is no better place to learn than at the Dharma Yoga Center, where you will learn Dharma Yoga. It’s pure yoga as it has been taught over centuries by Sri Dharma’s lineage of gurus.”