The Dharma Yoga Life of a Yogi 800-hour Ultimate Teacher Training (DY LOAY TT) program is the highest level of training offered by the DYNYC. All applicants for this program must have completed the 500-hour DY LOAY TT program and achieved certification, in addition to meeting the program’s entrance requirements listed in the entries above for the 200 and 500-hour DY LOAY TT programs. Preference will be given to those who have also completed the LOAY 200-hour program.
Please note that this 800-hour DY LOAY TT will be an advanced and intense immersion and will require an advanced and committed regular practice of all applicants seeking admission. According to Sri Dharma Mittra, applicants must have been practicing yoga regularly for at least one year, must be reverent, strictly vegetarian, disciplined, obedient, moderate in sleep and diet, already possess some degree of self-control and already possess some desire for liberation. An entrance application, entrance essays and application fee will be required of all applicants.
Topics Covered/What to Expect
During the TT, trainee Sadhakas are bound to approach the course with energy and enthusiasm. Once having taken this TT, all students are bound to practice as strictly as taught. The curriculum will focus on Psychic Development, Dharma IV and Yoga Nidra, and will include:
- Daily practice of Psychic Development and detailed exposure to its underpinnings, core elements and theory;
- Detailed exposure to Dharma IV including detailed breakdown and analysis, small group student teaching, and assisting and adjusting;
- Detailed exposure to the Dharma Yoga Nidra Method, technique and theory. Experiential and student teaching elements will be included;
- Asana classes, morning Pranayama/Dhyana sessions and spiritual discourse with Yogi Sri Dharma Mittra;
- Curriculum overview of new Dharma classes under development;
- The internship component of this 800-hour TT towards formal certification will include three months daily practice of Psychic Development, and, for Dharma IV and Yoga Nidra, there will be a student teaching component, as well as a personal practice / taking classes area of requirement.
In order to achieve certification, you must to our satisfaction complete and submit all pre-training homework assignments, attend every session of the contact hours during the actual immersion program, achieve a passing grade on both the written and oral exams given during the contact hours of the training, complete all of the assignments given during the training where applicable, and complete and submit all supporting documentation and assignments relating to the post-training internship. Please note that in addition to assignments in reading and writing prior to your training, you will be expected to follow a vegan diet.
During the actual contact hours of the DY LOAY TT, you will be exposed to the full range of classical Yogic techniques and will be expected to participate fully in all aspects of the program. The post-training internships for all programs include teaching, taking class, being observed while teaching class and Karma Yoga (selfless service) components that will be explained in detail towards the conclusion of the relevant DY LOAY TT contact hours.
800- hour training in NYC Application Fee (Non-Refundable)
Application Fee: $200
Late Application (less than 30 days prior): $250
Total Program Tuition: $2,500
Late Payment Fee (if Tuition is not paid 45 days in advance): $150
Note: Reservation subject to cancellation if full tuition is not paid at least 30 days in advance
Discount: 15% off when you purchase the entire package of required books, DVDs and other items from us if ordered at least 30 days before the start of program.
Discount: 10% off when you purchase a minimum of 4 required items from us if ordered at least 15 days before the start of program.
Applications are processed on a first-come, first-serve basis. DYLOAY Teacher Trainings fill quickly, so we recommended that you apply early.
- Payment of the Application Fee can be made online. Please note that the final application deadline is 14 days prior to the start date of any offered DYLOAYTT.
- Reservation Deposits and Tuition can’t be made online. Applicants should contact the Dharma Yoga Center at 212 889 8160.
- LOAY Reservation Deposit and Tuition payments may also be made by check to Dharma Yoga Corp, or by Visa and MasterCard via telephone or in person at the Dharma Yoga Center.
- To order books and other supplies, please contact Joann Steckler at email@example.com
- The LOAY offices are open Monday through Thursday 9:30am – 2:30 pm to call in or to make payments in person.
Upcoming LOAY 800-hour TT dates
May 21 – 28, 2017
14 days prior to the start of the training
“There is a glowing light emanating from the Dharma Yoga Center in the form of the teacher there. His name is Dharma Mittra. He’s a living saint among us. Thousands have felt the same emotions as you from his presence and teachings. So don’t worry, you are not alone. If your aim is to become a yoga teacher, I can tell you there is no better place to learn than at the Dharma Yoga Center, where you will learn Dharma Mittra Yoga. It’s pure yoga as it has been taught over centuries by Sri Dharma’s lineage of gurus.”