Please note that the 700/1000-hour DY LOAY TT is an advanced and intense immersion, and will require a committed, regular practice of all applicants seeking admission. According to Sri Dharma Mittra, applicants must have been practicing yoga regularly for at least one year, must be reverent, strictly vegetarian, disciplined, obedient, moderate in sleep and diet, already possess some degree of self-control and possess some desire for liberation. An entrance application, entrance essays and application fee will be required of all applicants.
During the TT, trainee Sadhakas are bound to approach the course with energy and enthusiasm. Once having taken this TT, all students are bound to practice and teach strictly as taught. The curriculum will focus on DY Charging Practice, the new Dharma Raja Yoga Breathing and Meditation Series and offering Spiritual Discourse, and will include:
- Daily practice of DY Charging Practice, Sri Dharma Mittra’s latest all-level Asana-centric practice, and detailed exposure to its underpinnings, core elements and theory. Experiential, student teaching and assisting and adjusting elements will be included;
- Detailed exposure to the new Dharma Raja Yoga Breathing and Meditation Series, a paradigm for sharing Pranayama and meditation, including detailed breakdown, analysis and small group student teaching;
- Morning Pranayama/Dhyana sessions and Spiritual Discourse with Sri Dharma Mittra;
- Every trainee will offer a five-minute discourse to the group as a whole and receive feedback and guidance from senior staff;
- The internship component of the 700/1000-hour DY LOAY TT towards formal certification will include daily practice of both DY Charging Practice and the Dharma Raja Yoga Breathing and Meditation Series, and, for both, there will be a student teaching component.
Please note the schedule below is for our online offering of the 700/1000 hour teacher training. All sessions will be hosted via Zoom and will require internet as well as a computer or smart phone/tablet with video capabilities to participate. The times listed below are live sessions- we are partnering with an online learning provider, Teachable, which will allow for more flexibility. All sessions of the training will be recorded and saved to the Teachable platform for viewing at your convenience, up to one year after the end of the training. While we do encourage you to participate “live” when possible, this additional option is very valuable for anyone with specific schedule conflicts as you will not miss any of the material.
This will be updated shortly with more information about our in-person option.
Monday – Friday: 7 – 11:30 a.m. EST / 2:30 – 6 p.m. EST (8 hours total)
Saturdays: 7 – 9:30 a.m. EST / 1:30 – 5:30 p.m. EST (6.5 hours total)
Sundays: Off- will have the ability to complete some required class attendance during this time if desired.
This training is an intensive immersion and a lot of material is covered in a condensed period. The process will allow for a lot of positive change, but you must be sure to eat and rest accordingly. It is important to note all times are listed in Eastern Standard Time, please take this into consideration as these time frames may be different depending on where you live.
Cost of the course: $2500
Application fee: $200