Please note that this 800/1000-hour DY LOAY TT is an advanced and intense immersion, and will require an advanced and committed regular practice of all applicants seeking admission. According to Sri Dharma Mittra, applicants must have been practicing yoga regularly for at least one year, must be reverent, strictly vegetarian, disciplined, obedient, moderate in sleep and diet, already possess some degree of self-control and possess some desire for liberation. An entrance application, entrance essays and application fee will be required of all applicants.
During the TT, trainee Sadhakas are bound to approach the course with energy and enthusiasm. Once having taken this TT, all students are bound to practice strictly as taught. The curriculum will focus on Psychic Development, Dharma IV and Yoga Nidra, and will include:
- Daily practice of Psychic Development and detailed exposure to its underlying structure, core elements and theory;
- Detailed exposure to Dharma IV including in-depth breakdown and analysis, small group student teaching, and assisting and adjusting;
- Complete exposure to the Dharma Yoga Nidra Method, technique and theory. Experiential and student teaching elements will be included;
- Asana-centric classes, morning Pranayama/Dhyana sessions and spiritual discourse with Yogi Sri Dharma Mittra
- Curriculum overview of new Dharma Yoga classes under development
- The internship component of this 800-hour TT towards formal certification will include three months daily practice of Psychic Development, and, for Dharma IV and Yoga Nidra, there will be a student teaching component, as well as a personal practice / taking classes area of requirement.
Be prepared to spend each day at the DYC with one meal break and only short pauses throughout the day. Days typically begin at 7 a.m. and end between 9 and 9:30 p.m. This training is an intensive immersion and will cover a lot of material in a condensed period. The process will allow for a lot of positive change, but you must be sure to eat and rest accordingly. There will be little or no time for outside activities; for eight days, most of your waking hours will be devoted to the training and focused on Dharma Yoga.
As so much is unclear right now in terms of what will and will not be possible in 2021, we will most likely delay our announcements regarding our 2021 schedule of trainings until later this fall. It is impossible to say right now whether these trainings will need to be 100% online, in-person, or some combination of the two. We will gladly update the site and application once we have this information available.
Cost of the course: $2500
Application fee: $200
Cost of books and supplies: $200